An anonymous Antifa-linked Twitter account has taken credit for starting a fire at a Portland Bank of America branch last weekend.
- After a fire broke out at a Portland Bank of America this past weekend, an anonymous Antifa-backed account on Twitter took credit for starting the blaze in “retaliation” for domestic terrorism charges against five people who were part of a violent incident in Atlanta.
- “Last night I broke into a Bank of America in Portland, Oregon and started a large fire,” the statement read. “The fire grew quickly and took firefighters more than an hour to extinguish.”
- “I attack for revenge against capital for the hell it creates, to break the illusion of police control that usually protects it, and just because I can,” the post continued.
ANTIFA-LINKED TWITTER TAKING CREDIT FOR ARSON IN PORTLAND:
“Bank of America funds the Atlanta Police Foundation and a thousand other projects of control. Earlier that day, the six friends in Atlanta charged with ‘domestic terrorism’ were released from jail. May this fire bring them some warmth in winter. Long live anarchy,” the post read.
- According to a local news station, firefighters responded to a commercial fire on December 31 around 3 AM in Southeast Portland.
- Photos from the scene revealed the Bank of America building was engulfed in flames.
- The cause of the fire was under investigation by the Portland Fire Investigations Unit, although police confirmed the blaze was being investigated as arson.
- In March of 2021, close to 50 Antifa rioters vandalized, smashed windows and set fires outside the Mark Hatfield federal courthouse in Portland, prompting police to deploy riot squads and tear gas.
- The rioters at the time were seen holding signs reading, “Protect the land, end America.”